Friday 30 September 2011

My 18 Technologic Years!

In one of my earliest Digital Media lectures, my Prof showed us a list of all of the technology she has seen in her lifetime. Inspired by this, I have decided to write a list of some of the technology I've seen over the years (In no specific order):
Vinyl Records. Record Players. Cassettes. Cassette Players. CDs. Walkmans. Rechargeable batteries. Ball point pens. Floppy Disks. Projectors. Boom box. Corded phones. Type Writer. Wireless phones. Cell phones. Computers. Flat screen Monitors. Internet. Television. Black and White Printers. Laser Printer. Flat Screen TV. HD TV. VCR Players. Blu Ray. Smart Boards. USB keys. Dial Up Internet. Solar Pannels. Email. Film Cameras. MP3 Players. iPods. iTunes. File Sharing. Digital Cameras. Scanners. Cell Phone Cameras. Touch Screen Cell Phones. Smart Phones. Laptops. Web cameras. Tablets. Kindle. 3D Movies. Super Nintendo. Wireless Internet. Bluetooth. Xbox. Toaster Oven. Digital Clock. Hybrid Cars. Surround Sound.
Although I'm sure I can add many more to the list, this is what my brain has come up with for now. (I bolded some of my favourites—I still buy CDs & print pictures!)  It's weird to think that kids born in the last couple of years do not know what a cassette or VCR is! What will they invent next? What will your kids know? Will anything on this list still be popular?
Try it out! What have you seen? You'll discover more then you might imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment