Friday 25 November 2011

The End.

BDC 192 Digital Media was one of my favourite classes this semester.

Here’s a couple things I loved this semester:

Lecture was my favourite part of this class. Even at its crazy early hour & having to wake up at 6am every Tuesday morning to make it here on time, it was worth it. I didn’t really understand the exact term that is ‘Digital Media’ but after this class not only do I understand what Digital Media is but I actually really enjoy every aspect of it. I also liked how even though class was so early in the morning, Laurie was so enthusiastic about what we were learning and remained passionate about what she spoke about each week. It helped me enjoy the content of the course.

Crits in class. I have never been one to enjoy sharing my work because I am always scared that people will be like “ew, what is that?” However, this changed this year. Not only did crits help me feel more comfortable with sharing my work in a professional environment, but it also made me feel more comfortable with showing people my work before hand. Input from others really helped me to improve my assignments before they were due & allowed me to look at my assignment as a viewer, rather then the creator…if that makes any sense.

Here are a few things I would change:

Morning Lecture. If I lived on campus I wouldn’t be saying this. And I know this as not my professors planning, but having to get up at 6am and for some not even leaving school till 9pm is honestly insane.

Twitter during class. I love that twitter was used during class and I definitely liked adding #BDC192 hashtags to my tweets, but I found that tweeting DURING class was a little disruptive. I was personally so intrigued with the content of the lecture that taking a few minutes to tweet took me out of the lecture & into a “how can I write this into a tweet” mode. I know that there was a study and what not that it’s helps you learn, but for me personally it was just a little disruptive. However, I liked tweeting after class/about the class.

Website design. Before this class I had never created a website before. I feel like everyone could have benefitted from a little more website design information. I also found it hard to start my website without a rubric. I didn’t know what exactly I needed. I remember in lab she Laurie at least 4 pages, but that was all I knew.
_____________________________________________________ 
Overall, I loved this course. I loved learning about all these aspects of media in relation to my life that I never even knew existed before. I discovered that I actually like designing things, but sometimes I’m too picky and take too much time choosing specific colours/fonts. I think it is important for people to learn about whats happening around them. Staying up to day and keyed in to the newest things—twitter, blogging etc. allows you to make a name for yourself. Getting yourself online—in a positive way, is probably the best thing you can do for yourself (career wise, and personally—its pretty fun) And the one thing I won’t ever forget from this course is that Google NEVER forgets.   

I’m excited to read this during fourth year & see what I’ve done with Digital Media & hopefully laugh at my amateur designs.

This is Eve Sharabi and I thank you for reading my blog! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment