Friday 7 October 2011

Sketch





CLICK HERE to see a piece of motion graphics that I love.

I have chosen a PSA (Public Service Announcement) from Sketch. Every time I watch this I get an automatic thrill. Think about how long this must have taken—to draw, film and find the perfect song to match! Notice that the paper piles up after every drawing is added. The creator(s) definitely worked hard to make this PSA the wonderfully enjoyable yet informative stop motion piece that it is. It's contrast of black & white/colour is so simple and lovely. I chose this piece because I love anything that is home made and I believe this PSA does a really good job at suggesting the ability of one's hand.



Below is a brief summary taken straight off of their website telling you a little bit more about this non-profit organization and what they do.

"Art making is a curious way to address homelessness or poverty - growing issues in Canada, one of the wealthiest nations in the world.
Art making offers expression, self discovery and skill building. It facilitates participation in community life and in the making of culture.

Sketch creates art making opportunities for young people who live street-involved and homeless or who are considered to be at risk.



"
How I found out about Sketch:


In grade 10 I had to do an assignment on a non-profit organization in Canada. I decided to use Sketch because I simply loved what they were doing. I found them through extensive online research and upon seeing their PSA (posted above) I fell in love. The organization was so art-filled and lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment